Registration for first time users

Please tell the Webmaster what is broken or needs updating. Also tell the Webmaster what improvements you would like to see to the website.

Registration for first time users

Postby admin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:55 pm

Because the old Bulletin Board information was irretrievable, each user must register the first time you use the new Bulletin Board. Click on the word register and fill out the requested information.
Your user name is simply your first name followed by a period, then your last name, up to a max of 20 letters. user name = First.Last Capitals are optional. The user name allows us to verify who you are.
Choose a password of your liking - no rules and no prohibited characters. Length = 6 - 100 characters. I recommend 8 characters with one capital letter and one non-letter or non-number character.
The technology where you enter the hard-to-read letters and numbers is called "Captcha". It is a security measure to thwart bots(computers) from logging into the Bulletin Board. Machines (so far) have not learned to read those funny characters.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Registration for first time users

Postby LarryW » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi from Larry Warren. I registered as "LarryW" before I read the message about correct user names. I seem to be unable to change it, but maybe you can and if so, I guess I should be registered as "Larry.Warren". I'm the Oz Larry Warren (Oz#10257), not the TWA Larry Warren. Please send me an email if you change my user name so I can log in.

Thanks.

LarryW
LarryW

Re: Registration for first time users

Postby admin » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:15 pm

Larry,
It was just a suggestion to register first.last. It makes it easier on me to see if you are a member. You are fine-no changes necessary.
Thanks,
Roy
admin
Site Admin

Return to Webmaster's Forum (Open to members and guests)